Double Crossed

Double Crossed (Gallagher Girls, 5.5/Heist Society, 2.5) by Ally Carter, January 22, 2013. 60 pages. Published by Disney Hyperion. Source: Bought.
Macey McHenry—Glamorous society girl or spy-in-training?
W.W. Hale V—Heir to an American dynasty or master thief?
There are two sides to every coin. Whether these two can work together is a tossup.
Born into privilege, Macey and Hale are experts at mingling with the upper class. But even if they’ve never raised an eyebrow at the glitz, neither teenager has ever felt at home with the glamour.
When Macey and Hale meet at a society gala, the party takes a dangerous turn. Suddenly they’re at the center of a hostage situation, and it’s up to them to stop the thugs from becoming hostile. Will Macey’s spy skills and Hale’s con-man ways be enough to outsmart a ruthless gang? Or will they have to seek out the ultimate inside girl to help?
The worlds of Heist Society and the Gallagher Girls collide in Ally Carter’s fast-paced, high-stakes and tantalizing new story. Get a behind the scenes glimpse as Ally delivers an irresistible thriller that is full of her signature style and savvy twists. 
First Sentence:
Situated on the Upper East Side with a glorious view of the park, the Athenia Hotel was supposed to be some kind of Olympus, high in the clouds above the mere mortals, a place for playing and drinking and dancing like gods.
So, I went against my no reading ebooks on the computer rule because I could not not read Ally Carter's Double Crossed. While it may have taken me some time to read what would normally have taken me 15 minutes I loved the clashing of the two worlds-spy and thief-in Ms Carter's novella.

I just want y'all to sit and think about the following for a minute: Gallagher Girl Macey and Hale the thief. *let's y'all soak it in* Okay, now that y'all have had a moment to take in the awesomeness of a cross-over between the two worlds that Ally Carter has created in her two series let's get down to business.

Y'all know that I am a huge fan of Ally Carter's writing and have devoured nearly every YA book that she has written (just need to read Perfect Scoundrels and Out of Sight, Out of Time) so I could not pass up the opportunity to see how she would blend two of my favorite series. Even though my eyes felt fried by the time I finished reading Double Crossed it was well worth it because Ally Carter did a fantastic job of writing a short story that was both thrilling and amusing.

At this rate, my review is going to feel longer than the actual novella.

So, Hale and Macey in one story. Now that was both odd and fascinating because they're similar and yet wildly different from one another. What I really enjoyed about having the two f them staring in the same story was that neither one took the other one seriously when it came to dealing with the hostage situation, and yet, they managed to overcome that and work pretty well together.
  The other thing I really liked about Double Crossed would have to be that Macey and Hale were hilarious. I loved the way that they bantered with each other and...you're just going to have to wait till tomorrow and read my Teaser Tuesday post because then you'll know what I mean.

What I really enjoyed about Double Crossed was that the main protagonist were Hale and Macey. I thought it was really interesting that Ally Carter picked those two characters to team up to save the day. What really made them an interesting pairing for the book is that they are pretty similar in that they both come from well to do families that tend to think more about what society thinks of them then what is going on with those in their family.

While I really enjoyed reading Double Crossed I wish that it was not limited to digital copies only because I am not a fan of ebooks or being forced to read on my computer. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, it will be included in the paperback editions of both series so that those who don't read ebooks can enjoy it too. So, yeah, the fact that Double Crossed is not printed is the only drawback to this great story.

Final Verdict: Double Crossed the series crossover of the century.

Double Crossed  earns 5 out of 5 pineapples

Comments

Popular Posts