ARC Review: Fourth Stall Part III


Fourth Stall Part III (Fourth Stall, 3) by Chris Rylander, February 5, 2013. 304 pages. Published by Walden Pond Press. Source: Publisher for review.
The saga of Mac, Vince, and middle school organized crime comes to a thrilling conclusion in THE FOURTH STALL PART III. Their business is finished, and Mac’s and Vince’s lives have become something they have never been before: simple. None of the fortune or the glory and none of the risk or threat of juvenile prison. There’s even a new business that has stepped in to take their place (and take the heat off Mac and Vince for once). Things couldn’t be better.
But that was before things at their middle school started to go haywire. Before they found out that there’s a new crime boss at school in the town over trying to consolidate power. And before their old nemesis, Staples, came back to town begging for help after his stint in the clink. Just when Mac and Vince thought they were out, the business pulls them back in. But this time, will they be able to escape with their lives and permanent records intact?
First Sentence:
Simple.
I honestly do not know where to begin in my review of the final Fourth Stall novel. *gathers thoughts* While I am saddened to see this wonderful series draw to a close, I can honestly tell y'all that this was one series that I loved from page one right up to the closing of book three.

Hopefully this review will make sense because I'm writing it while preparing to move plus while trying not to include any spoilers.

Throughout the series, I loved the continuation of the story line from book to book and how the first couple of chapters are enough to pull to mind what happened in the previous book. What I really liked about the story arc in the book three was that a lot of unexpected things happened, like, the return of an old enemy. I really liked the fact that the author not only brought back some of the characters from early on in the series, but I also enjoyed the new way he used said characters to change everything.

FS3 was crazy good. There were so many things I loved about the story arc in this one, but, what I found myself liking the most was how Mac and Vince tried-yes, they tried real hard- to stay out of the business. Yet we all know that once you get in as deep as they were there is no easy way out. As they got pulled back into the game I was both laughing (at the trouble brought in to their lives) and trying to read as fast as possible just so I could find out what was going to happen next.
   Mac and Vince's latest escapade in the underbelly of middle school organized crime was well worth the wait and such a great way to end the series. One of the things that made it so enjoyable in the third installment is that you got to see the return

What I really liked about FS3 would have to be that Chris Rylander ends the series with a bang, and that it was just as funny and thrilling as the first two books in the series. I also really liked how Mr Rylander's writing and how he kept things light and funny even when it liked everything had gone down the drain for the good guys. He definitely knows how to write a well balanced story which is one of the reason FS has been such an enjoyable series for me.

Other than the fact that I am sorry that to say goodbye to Mac, Vince, and their crazy adventures there isn't a thing I would change about the final installment in Chris Rylander's amazing middle grade series.

My question to you: Have you read this series? If not, it is one that I highly recommend to all.

Final Verdict: I could not ask for a better ending to such a fantastic series. Chris Rylander definitely delivers in the final installment in the Fourth Stall series.

The Fourth Stall Part III earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.

Fourth Stall
Fourth Stall II

Comments

Popular Posts